Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 72

"washed up"

“The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea.”
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Mike and I took a walk on the beach today. Well, actually, it was the seawall that we walked on mostly. There are little patches of beach all along it and since the sand looked a little more solid (translated: it didn't look like I would sink up to my knees) I walked out on it to take some pictures of the sea gulls. While I was making my way back up to the sidewalk, I noticed these sunglasses in the pile of washed up debris. Needless to say, this was my favorite pic from the many that I took today.

I did some stuff to it with Picasa, and even though it's not as clear as the original photo, I really like how bright the sky and the sunglasses turned out!

4 comments:

  1. Cool picture and I like your title too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesing Picasa work. Picture makes me homesick, but that's ok. Love the Lindbergh quote and Buffet music. Was the beach steep or did you shoot on an angle?

    ReplyDelete