Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 81

"all the good ones are gone"
" To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." -Mark Twain

You might be wondering what the picture and the quote have in common. I'm trying to stop smoking (for good this time) and it is sooo freakin hard! I have been eating Jolly Ranchers, IceBreakers, and suckers and chewing gum like CrAaAzYyYyy! I still don't remember what is was that made me think I wanted to smoke to begin with. I have been smoke free for 4days, 8 hours, and 38 minutes!!! And I'm doing it all by myself with no gums or patches or anything. Last time I tried to do it, I had a semi-nervous breakdown on the second day and I was boo hooin and throwing a temper tantrum worse than a toddler in a toy store. Needless to say, I started back again. I am determined to do it this time!!

3 comments:

  1. dd...I don't smoke, so I don't know what you are going thru, but I can say "good for you and keep up the fight!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! I never started smoking but I'm forever trying to lose weight. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go gurlie!! I'm in your corner, so holler at me if you need help and encouragement. My hubby quit years ago (before I met him) and he said he did it because of the cost. I can't imagine how expensive it might be these days, will all the sin taxes leveled against cigarettes. I told him we would have never made it past one date if I met him when he was smoking!! :)

    ReplyDelete